That day of the year is coming up when we all try to make the day special and unique for a loved one. Local interior designer Chet Pourciau and pastry chef Nate Winner will be in FOX 8 Live New Orleans tomorrow morning at 8:10am to show you how to create a romantic and cost effective Valentine’s Day date for that significant other.
If you are unable to watch the segment, I still wanted to give you some ideas on creating that perfect date. First of all, who said you have to celebrate Valentine's Day on the 14th? It would be a much bigger surprise for a loved one if they woke up/came home to a table perfectly set up for a tea date. You might be asking yourself, exactly how can you get this accomplished? Well here's how!
- Sneak out of the house before she/he wakes up or comes home and buy her/his favorite finger foods and sweets at a local bakery. You can also find yummy foods at some supermarkets, just plan ahead and order in advance.
- Gather everything on the checklist below and put it aside ahead of time in a discrete location. If you don't have everything on the list, just improvise.
- If you have a table outdoors, think about setting up outside (if the weather is ideal.) This will allow you to make more noise while setting up.
- Brew the tea and set out those finger foods. Enjoy!
- Table cloth, tea linens, napkin rings
- Tea kettle
- Tea set (cream pitcher, sugar bowl)
- Tea cups, saucers and teaspoons
- Small plates and silverware
- Dessert Plates
- Serving Plate and spoons
- Flowers or other center piece
- Finger foods, dessert, tea, honey, sugar and creamer/milk
What do you think the perfect Valentine's Day date would be? Would you like your significant other to set up a tea date? Leave us a comment below and tell us about your perfect date!