This fluer de lis is the perfect as a Mardi Gras decoration. But since we live in New Orleans, we can get away with displaying it all year.
What you will need:
- Foam core or cardboard
- Newspaper (and a lot of it)
- Box cutter
- Packing tape
- Clear drying glue
- Hot glue
- Mardi Gras beads (all the same shape/size)
1. Cut out a fluer de lis out of newspaper. Fold the newspaper in half so that it is symmetrical.
2. Trace the cut out onto foam core or cardboard (anything you have around the house)
3. Use a box cutter or exacto blade to cut it out.
4. Ball up newspaper and tape it to the cut out. You can ball up as much newspaper as you want to make more of a relief.
5. Now you can start gluing Mardi Gras beads onto your masterpiece. Use hot glue to adhere beads on all the edges. I like to use hot glue in the beginning because it dry quickly, although I would not use it for the whole project because it doesn't hold as well as other glues. You can use any clear drying glue to adhere the rest of the beads onto the fluer de lis.