What to do with your live Christmas tree?
This is always a question asked after the holidays, we are lucky in New Orleans because the city has set up a recycling program. All you have to do is put your live Christmas tree out with the rest of your regular garbage on the days of January 5,6, and 7. The trees will be used to rebuild Louisiana's wetlands.
If you have questions, contact the Office of Coastal and Environmental Affairs 504.658.4070
What to do with all the Christmas cards?
People spend so much time putting together beautiful cards with thoughtful messages to friends and loved ones. The question is, what can you do with them?
- Use the front of the cards to create a Christmas scrapbook
- Collect your favorite cards and create your own framed collage for next year. You can also create Christmas collage place mats for kids with construction paper and glue.
- Use family photo cards in family photobooks
What to do with all your ornaments?
- Used bubble wrap and tissue paper to individually wrap your ornaments. Place all your ornaments in one or two labeled boxes. Place the most important or sentimental ornaments in resealable plastic bags.
- Keep purple, gold, and green ornaments out for the Mardi Gras Carnival Season.
What to do with anything else you just don't want anymore?
Take photos of your unwanted decorations while they are still being displayed. You can sell or donate them. Visit websites like Craigslist or Ebay or donate to Goodwill or The Salvation Army.