Friday, January 20, 2012

Clean Up that Cluttered Closet!

So I really wanted to blog about this subject because most people I know go through a stage when they realize how disorganized they are. I recently went through my closets and organized all the items I have that I never use, but still hold on to for that "just in case" situation. Here are my easy tips on organizing:

  1. As I started, I realized that I have items like random wallets or unopened gifts that I will never use. Put all those kinds of items in box with a label for Goodwill. 
  2. Sort all that remaining junk into piles: Art supplies, electrical cords, light bulbs, batteries etc. I found a bunch of clear storage bins at a store that were well priced and bought a load of them. 
  3. The most important thing is to label every bin. This way in the future, you will know where to put things, instead of just sticking it in a closet.  Most of the time when I put things away, it's out of sight, out of mind.                                              
  4. The only real way to stay out of the mess and keep organized is to always put things back where they belong. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment