Thursday, October 11, 2012

DIY Painted Chevron Pumpkin




As soon as it's Fall, I start to see pumpkins in all the stores. All I want to do is take them home and carve them. But I know if I do that, they will go bad too soon for my liking. I usually resit and paint them instead.

I started out by wiping off the pumpkin with a damp paper towel.

Now you can start painting. You can use any kind of paint, I had some left over white so that is what I used for my base coat.   

I used a roll of tape to prop up my pumpkin to make it easier to paint.  

Your pumpkin might need 2 coats of paint.

When it is dry, you can start painting the chevron design. 

Hand paint your design on as carefully as possible.

I didn't think the chevron was as clean as it could be. Luckily it was an easy fix. I used a thick sharpie to make my lines and points straighter. 


Cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment