Today on my fashion segment for WVUE Fox 8 I talked about the hottest trends in winter outerwear. I featured two local stores on my segment today Style Lab for Men: New Orleans located at 3326 Magazine St. and Tomato 3318 Magazine St. If you were not able to watch the segment the video will be up soon or please read some tips I have for looking your best this winter.
- Pack on the layers!!! Layering gives an outfit more dimension and also is important for unexpected changes in temperature. Try pairing a layered look with a tailored pair of dark denim for a great outfit that translates well from day to evening.
- Military inspired outerwear. Military inspired outerwear is one of the most fashion forward trend right now.
- Faux fur. The quality and production of faux furs are getting much better and most times it is very difficult to distinguish between faux and real fur. So opt for faux!
- Leather Jackets. Leather jackets have never gone out of style but we are seeing more updated and fresh silhouettes on the runway.
- Cable Knit. Classic cable knit but updated. Cable knit has never gone out of style but this year we are seeing cable knit updated in to more modern designs.