7 Hot Trends for o’11
1. Artsy Accents- Spend your time and money and invest in art that you love. Here in New Orleans there is an unlimited supply of great art that is affordable to every budget.
2. Classic Colors- Pinks, browns, lavenders and some pastels are hot right now. These colors are considered classics and go well with both traditional and modern interiors.
3. Decorated Walls- Use crown moldings and columns to enhance the dynamics of a room. Coffered ceilings and ceiling fans also add focal points to any interior.
4. No More white ceilings- White ceilings are completely out this year. Choose a percentage lighter than your wall color to blend to the ceiling or if you want a more dramatic feel you can paint your ceiling an entirely different color but beware this is a very bold statement.
5. White Kitchens- When it comes to interior design white is always white. Brighten up your kitchen with white tiles, accessories, cabinets, and countertops. This is glamorous and makes everything appear neat and clean.
6. Color Those Accents- Use the colors of 2011 such as honeysuckle and vintage brown in accents around your home. Decorative glass bottles, boxes, candles, and picture frames are easy to use and spruce up your space.
7. Luxury that’s green- Check your products and see if they are sustainable. Try and invest in green products this year. Make an effort to go green with small accessory and also fabrics.