This DIY project was shown on FOX 8 Live this morning. Here are some instructions on how to make it:
1. Use a box cutter to cut out a fleur de lis shape out of a card board box.
2. Ball up newspaper and tape it to the card board cut-out (you can ball up as much newspaper as you like, depending on how much of a relief you want)
3. Use packaging tape to cover the whole piece, do not leave spaces in between tape.
4. Mix SMALL BATCHES of Plaster of Paris and cover taped surface. This may take a few layers.
5. Drill hole in back so that it can be mounted to a wall or door.
6. Spray paint desired color
7. Use polyurethane if the piece is to be used outdoors
This Fleur de lis and others are available for sale through Chet Pourciau Design