Friday, August 12, 2011

DIY Fleur de Lis Door Hanger

This DIY project was shown on FOX 8 Live this morning. Here are some instructions on how to make it:



1. Use a box cutter to cut out a fleur de lis shape out of a card board box.
2. Ball up newspaper and tape it to the card board cut-out (you can ball up as much newspaper as you like, depending on how much of a relief you want)
3. Use packaging tape to cover the whole piece, do not leave spaces in between tape.
4. Mix SMALL BATCHES of Plaster of Paris and cover taped surface. This may take a few layers.
5. Drill hole in back so that it can be mounted to a wall or door.
6. Spray paint desired color
7. Use polyurethane if the piece is to be used outdoors

This Fleur de lis and others are available for sale through Chet Pourciau Design





2 comments:

  1. Hi Nice posting, I agree This design is really good. You got good collection keep it up. I pass this blog to my friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nice posting, I agree This design is really good. You got good collection keep it up. I pass this blog to my friends

    ReplyDelete